Sunday, March 08, 2009

Skiing and more socialising!

We've had some more cold, snowy weather these past couple of weeks, which meant fresh snow on the mountains! So last weekend Jenny and I headed up to Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver to do some much awaited skiing! The conditions were good, powdery on top for the most part with just a few icy patches. Near the top of 'The Peak' I did come across one particularly icy steep section, although I wasn't alone! All around me I could hear other people screaming and saying they shouldn't have come down that run! But apart from that it was a fantastic day out with Jenny, invigorating skiing and the views over Vancouver and the lower mainland and over towards Vancouver Island were AMAZING!After the skiing (with a nice lunch and cocktails part way through the day) we headed to Jenny and Bazza's apartment in West Vancouver for dinner, wine and Jenga (which was a hotly fought contest, as you can tell from the photos...and I won. Oh yessss). After that and plenty of good conversation and company I headed back home, tired but with a fantastic first day on the local slopes behind me :-)

In the week since it's been yet more socialising - Maeve, Carrie and Fi at the smart Cactus Club Cafe on Burrard on Wednesday evening, coffee after work with Olivia on Thursday, and Bellinis and good food at Milestones in Yaletown on Friday evening with Mark. Yesterday morning Tara and I had brunch and later I went for a walk up to Queen Elizabeth park, and then today I hibernated to avoid the bitter cold and latest snowfall!

At 2am this morning we moved our clocks forward 1 hour as it was the start of Daylight Saving Time (3 weeks earlier than the UK, so for the next 3 weeks we're only 7 hours behind those of you in the UK instead of 8!). Sunset is not till 7pm here now so all we need are some warmer temperatures and it will feel like spring and summer are on the way.

Speaking of time, I'll sign off for now. Keep in touch, miss and think of you all lots as always :-)

Hugs and kisses,

Adele xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment