The start of last week 'drew' open with the putting up and unveiling of my curtain pole and curtains in my bedroom (thanks to Dean for help with the pole!) It's starting to feel very homely and cosy in there now :-)
Also last week I met another new friend, Laura, who Matthew put me in touch with - we met up at a restaurant/bar on Granville Island for dinner, a good chat and a couple of bellinis. Then on Friday I met Kim and Ellie (who work for Inghams in the Vancouver office) for dinner and drinks at Bogarts on Broadway.
At the weekend I made some important Skype calls to Elise, Rachel, Mum and Kristian to catch up, always great to speak to (and see) people back home! On Saturday afternoon I then made another voyage to Ikea at Coquitlam - taking bus, Skytrain, bus - and a long time - to get there. I bought a few more bits and pieces and got advice on how to fix the wardrobe door (which I did when I got back home thanks to sheer brute force and determination - me and a hammer is a formidable combination!)
Last night I was invited out by Leanne to go to dinner with her, her Dad who is visiting from England, and her friend Sandy. We went to the Cloud 9 restuarant - Cloud 9 is a revolving restaurant located on the 42nd floor of the Empire Landmark hotel on Robson Street, with spectacular views. We met and went up at 5pm so that we could watch the sunset - and what a stunning sunset it was, the sky was the most vibrant orange you could imagine, although annoyingly my camera wouldn't pick up the real strength of the colour, the photos really don't do it justice. All the photos featured in this post were taken up there last night, what do you think?! (Just remember to imagine the orange being darker and more intense...the photo right at the very bottom of this post is closest to how it looked)
The restaurant itself is ok, nothing special and not the best value for money...but it doesn't matter, you go for the experience and for those views!!! It was a really nice evening - thanks Leanne for inviting me and I'm glad I could finally give you back the Ikea tools you leant me!!!
Work is going fine, the people are really nice and I'm learning more bit by bit. I also have a few more social gatherings planned for the new few days so I'm sure time will continue to fly by and be full of fun! Oh, and Tara and Dean are trying to pick up some English and Yorkshire expressions/dialect from me! I'm really impressed, they are using the word 'queue' when I'm not even around, and Tara is trying to get the pronunciation right on 'owt' and 'nowt' - not easy for a Canadian, and I'm not exactly breaking her in gently am I?!!!
Hope you're all well, keep me posted with all your news - miss you all :-)
Love Adele xxxxx

Those views are incredible. I think you've gotten a better taste of Vancouver than I have, and I've been living here for 6 years! Anyhow, I need to go spend a penny, but first I need another loo role. Ta ra! ;)
ReplyDeleteNydelig solnedgang :)
ReplyDelete