Friday, October 09, 2009

Falling for the fall

Hi again everyone

You'll be pleased to see that I'm back to using English again for this blog entry - my last entry in Norwegian didn't get much feedback from my Norwegian friends so it was either a) boring, b) incomprehensible or c) both. Anyway, onwards and upwards in the mother tongue...

...or should that be downwards? Fall is here (that's autumn for those of you in England) and it's brought some stunningly beautiful scenes with all the multicoloured leaves against the bright blue skies and sunshine, and jaw droppingly gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Whatever the season here I never stop appreciating the ever changing scenery around me, it's spectacular. Having said that the rainy season is just around the corner!

I'm gradually getting into my new role at work and am enjoying it. Cristina is great to work with, and has been so patient with me so far - thanks so much mate! Yesterday we had our first Committee meeting which lasted 5 hours but was very interesting and really helped me gain a broader perspective of the work of the program.

Social highlights in recent weeks - well, there have been many! The Summer Sessions gig in Ambleside Park featuring Sarah McLachlan, Sheryl Crow and Neil Young, the Arctic Monkeys gig (clips here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyMStXA4qEU and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrLevUeR7kI), Jenny and Barry's Harvest Moon Festival, Theatresports League Improv Comedy at Granville Island, movie nights, and of course visiting and being visited by all my lovely Van buddies! As I explained in Norwegian in my last post, I've also bought and hacked into my DVD player so on occasions when I'm feeling less sociable I can curl up at home with a DVD, ahhh :-)

Bizarrely, I also have a University social event coming up in a couple of weeks!!! There's a University of Leeds alumni social for Leeds grads in Vancouver being held in a pub in Gastown on the 22nd October - and it's being hosted by a Professor who I know from working in the ESSL faculty office at Leeds this time last year! http://www.alumni.leeds.ac.uk/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=369&srcid=644 Talk about a small world...

Right, I think that's all for now!

Take care and keep in touch,

Adele xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment