Sunday, January 18, 2009

Packing and fond farewells


It's been a busy final week in England: packing boxes and suitcases, completing customs declarations, and seeing friends and family to say goodbye were all squeezed in. Speaking of squeezing, my suitcases are full to bursting and the odds on the huge red one making it to Vancouver without splitting or bursting open are very slim indeed. And the chances of me not being charged for overweight baggage are virtually nil!

It's good to spend time seeing all my nearest and dearest and getting chance to say bye for now (not forever of course). Yesterday my family gave me a little party with banners, balloons and a cake with a champagne bottle on top - really lovely! :-)





I will definitely miss everyone very much - just because I'm over there doing different things in a new place doesn't mean I won't be thinking of you all and hoping you're well. I'll do my best to keep in touch and hopefully you'll all keep me updated with your news too.

Right, time to sign off for now. Tomorrow the courier comes to collect the box which will be going on the ship, and I'll also be checking in online in the morning. As for Tuesday, it's 'the big day' - life changing not only for me, but also for Barack Obama...wish us luck!

Hope you're all well, big hugs,

Adele xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Du har ei veldig spennande tid framfor deg :) Lykke til, snuppa. Eg er sikker på at både du og Barack klarar dåkke kjempefint framover ;) God tur imåra, vennen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusen takk skal du ha Henriette! Stoooor klem, Adele :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your adventure. We'll be there to visit you sometime and I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ventar på oppdatering her no snuppa :)

    ReplyDelete